Shortcode - it's an opportunity to display different content in the store. In our situation, you can display a currency switcher wherever you need it. Let's consider how to use it.
For example, you want to add a currency switcher to a navigation menu. We will show this situation at our store. Here is our navigation menu, where we need to add a currency switcher.
So, to add a switcher to the navigation menu, follow the steps:
- Go to the Settings section of the app => Currencies.
- Click on Switchers and choose the switcher you need or add new by clicking on Add new switcher.
- In the Switcher position choose Relative and copy the switcher's shortcode.
- Go to the Online Store section of your Shopify account and choose Navigation.
- Find the Main menu and click on it. (If you want to add a currency switcher to the footer, click on Footer)
- Click Add new item.
- Paste the shortcode to the Name field. Type # symbol in the Link field and click Add.
- Here is your shortcode. Now you need to click Save and the switcher will appear in the navigation menu of your store.
- Let's check our store. We see that the currency switcher is in the navigation menu.
If someday you decide to delete the currency switcher from the navigation menu, just click on the trash icon near the shortcode.
We've described the situation when we add the currency switcher to the navigation menu. But shortcode this is such a universal thing that allows you to insert a switcher into any content.
For example, you want to add a currency switcher to the product's description (why not?). For this, you should copy the shortcode (make the first two steps from described above) open the product where you want to add a switcher and paste the shortcode to the product's description field. When you save the changes, a currency switcher will appear in the product'ss description.