You can export your products translations to a CSV or PO file for several reasons:
- Create a backup of your product translations. If you accidentally delete all product translations, you can restore them in one click using the import tool.
- Edit product translations in bulk using a spreadsheet. Any changes you make in a CSV or PO file will appear in your store admin if you import the edited file back to the app.
On this page:
Exporting product translations 🇬🇧
- From your LangShop admin, go to the Products > All products.
- In the dialog window, select the languages that you want to export.
- Select a file type.
CSV file for Excel, Numbers, or another spreadsheet program.
PO file for PO editor platforms that can help you manage language translations.
- Select fields that will participate in the export.
You will receive the exported file to your email set in Shopify Settings.
You can also download the exported file from your LangShop admin >
Find the latest information about exporting product translations > Tap the
Open the downloaded .zip file that contains compressed files.
LangShop file format differs from the Shopify CSV file as it only exports translations (localized data).
LangShop CSV file overview 📁
CSV file contains three columns:
The location column displays system information such as product title or description to indicate the location and import updated product translations from the CSV file back to LangShop.
Langshop exports the original content that appears in the source column. You may compare the translation with the original text, but you do not have to work with the store language in this file.
LangShop will import localized data that is only available in the target column. Here, you can manage translations and replace them with your variants.
LangShop PO file overview 📁
You can use the POEDIT platform to manage translations. PO editor displays the source column (default data) and the additional language translations you exported through LangShop.