After you add languages in LangShop (first installation) to your online store, by default, translated languages have published status, and they are visible on your storefront.
On this page:
If you want to add a new language to your online store, by default, recently added languages have 'unpublished' status.
- To publish a language, open LangShop admin, go to Settings > Languages.
- Select the unpublished language from the list of translated languages.
Whenever you add new languages in LangShop, you need to assign newly published languages to a domain in your online store for the language to appear on your storefront. You must complete this task even if you are managing one domain name.
If you need some extra time to work on translations, for instance, you can also unpublish a language.
- To unpublish the language, open LangShop admin, go to Settings > Languages.
- In Translated languages, click on a language you want to unpublish.
When you set the language to unpublished status, it will hide all available translations from the storefront. If you still have links in the store that can bring customers to that language, they will result in a 404 page not found error.
If you make a decision, for example, to stop selling in Italian, you can also delete languages. However, deleting the language does not delete the language translations. Shopify stores translations in the database. If you re-enable Italian in the future, you will have Italian translations available in your Shopify store. You do not have to translate your store content all over again.
- To delete a language, open LangShop admin, go to Settings > Languages.
- In Translated languages, click on a language you want to delete.