You can translate your Shopify store with a Google translation driver instead of using more than five automatic drivers, which may cause incorrect spelling, meaning, or grammar mistakes.
On this page:
Getting API key 🤔
You can translate your Shopify store with LangShop with one pro translation driver. For this, you need to have a paid account on the Google Cloud Platform and get API Key. The platform offers 90 days for free. If you don't have a paid account, you need to create one on console.cloud.google.com. As soon as your account is activated, you can create an API key for translations.
- From your Google Cloud Platform > Create a NEW PROJECT at the top bar menu.
- Open Navigation menu > API & Services.
- From the APIs & Services Dashboard, click + ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES.
- In the API Library, search for Cloud Translation API by Google.
This API allows integrating text translation into apps & websites, and other external platforms like Shopify.
- Select Cloud Translation API > Enable.
- Open APIs & Services > Credentials > + CREATE CREDENTIALS > API Key.
You will automatically get a generated API Key for your LangShop project.
Enabling API key in the app 🔑
- From your LangShop admin, go to Settings > Translation drivers.
- Open Google Translation.
- Paste the API key from your Google Platform account.
After you enable the API key in LangShop, you can use it to translate your store content and get more efficient translations.